Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Ranch Chicken Mac & Cheese


Macaroni and Cheese always brings a smile to my face. It is a comfort food that is always delicious no matter what time of the day or season in the year. I had my sister over for dinner and was looking for something to make her.  I immediately thought Mac and Cheese! But I wanted to make it different, so I decided to add chicken and a packet of ranch dressing that I had in my cabinet.

Dinner was delicious, we both loved it! The ranch seasoning brings a whole new taste to this dish. I will absolutely be making this again! 



Printable Recipe

Ingredients
1 package (16 ounces) elbow macaroni
1 cup milk 
1/4 cup butter, cubed 
1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix 
8 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder 
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Colby cheese
1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream 
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Cooking Spray

Directions
Cook pasta according to package directions.

In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add cooking spray and chicken. Cook until done completely through. 

Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, combine the milk, butter, dressing mix and seasonings; heat through. Stir in Monterey Jack and Colby cheeses until melted. Stir in sour cream.

Drain macaroni; stir into cheese sauce, add chicken and mix well. Let sit for approx 10 minutes for the cheese to grab onto the macaroni. Plate then sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.


No comments:

Post a Comment