Friday, July 29, 2011

Ravioli Florentine


While I was sitting at work yesterday I started thinking about all the things I had in my fridge that I needed to use. Spinach and Alfredo sauce were the 2 on the top of my list. So I let my mind wander for a bit and came up with this recipe.

My husband is NOT a Alfredo fan at all. After he was done eating this, he couldn't wait to have more!
Ingredients
1 teaspoon olive oil
2 garlic cloves minced
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
24 oz ricotta cheese
4 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
28 oz Alfredo sauce 
1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1/2 teaspoon chili flakes
A handful of spinach
30 frozen raviolis


Directions
In a large bowl combine your ricotta cheese, diced up spinach, garlic, olive oil, chili flakes and Italian seasoning.

In a small bowl combine your mozzarella and parmesan cheese.

In a 8x8 pan spread some Alfredo sauce so it covers the bottom. Add a layer of ravioli flat side down. See below. 


Spread 1/2 of your ricotta mixture over the top of the ravioli, then spread a thin layer of alfredo sauce on top of the ricotta mixture. 


Add another layer of ravioli, spread the remainder of your ricotta mixture on top of ravioli, add another thin layer of sauce. Add the mozzarella/parmesan cheese mixture to the top. 

Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 10 minutes to brown the top.


Final product paired with some garlic cheese bread. It was absolutely delicious, I think grilled or breaded chicken would make a nice addition to this dinner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment