Monday, December 12, 2011

BBQ Pulled Pork


My husband loves pulled pork.  But there is really no place around our house that does a great pulled pork. So instead of going out to dinner and being disappointed, I decided to make up my own! So much cheaper than going out and waaaay better!


Ingredients
3 lbs of pork shoulder
1 can of your favorite soda
1 bottle of your favorite BBQ sauce
Pack of buns.
Dry rub.




Dry Rub Ingredients
1 tbsp ground cumin
1 tbsp garlic powder
1 tbsp onion powder
1 tbsp chili powder

1 tbsp cayenne pepper (I like it spicy)
1 tbsp salt
1 tbsp ground pepper
1 tbsp paprika
1/2 cup brown sugar





Directions
Mix all dry rub ingredients together in a bowl.
Take your Pork shoulder and coat all sides with your dry rub. Use it ALL, massage it into the meat. 
Place in a slow cooker, pour your can of soda over the top of your pork.
Cook on high for approx 5-6 hours or until your meat starts to shred. 
Mine cooked for approx 5 hours, then I took it out of the crockpot, took all the meat off the bone and put it back in the crockpot. I then added all my BBQ sauce. Mixed it together and let it cook for another hour so that all the flavors came together. 




No comments:

Post a Comment