Thursday, February 9, 2012

Southwestern Dip


This recipe is my take on a delicious appetizer my husband and I came across at Gordon Biersch. They have these delicious southwestern egg rolls. In an attempt to make the egg rolls someone in my family (I don't remember who) said that would probably make a good dip. So I decided to try it and it was a hit. Not only is it good for you, it's absolutely delicious! 


Ingredients 
1 box of Fat Free cream cheese- room temperature
3 chicken breasts
1 can of black beans drained
1 can of corn drained
1 small can of diced jalapenos drained
2 cups of cheddar cheese
1 pack of ranch dressing mix
1 teaspoon Cayenne pepper

Directions
In a large pot on the stove. Boil your chicken till cooked through. Approx 30-40 minutes.
In a large bowl combine your cream cheese,  cayenne pepper, and ranch dressing mix. Mix together well. Then add your jalapenos, black beans and corn.
Once your chicken is done. Shred it and add to your mixture. 
Place in a casserole dish and add some cheese on top, cover with foil and cook at 350 for approx 20-30 or until all your cheese is melted. 



No comments:

Post a Comment