Thursday, May 24, 2012

Garlic Bread




Mmmmmmmm I love Garlic Bread. It makes a great side dish for pasta, salad, soup, as a sandwich or in my opinion as a meal itself. Plus it's so easy and cheap to make! 




Ingredients
2 cloves of garlic crushed
2 teaspoons of garlic powder*
4 tablespoons of butter
Fresh chopped parsley
1 cup of shredded mozzarella
1 loaf of your favorite crusty bread (I used Batard that I got at Wegmans)

*The garlic powder is an estimate. I usually just sprinkle more and more until my butter tastes really garlicky. You can use as little or as much as you prefer. 

Directions
Combine garlic cloves, garlic powder, butter and parsley in a bowl and mix well. 
Cut your bread in half length wise. Spread mixture over both sides of the bread
Broil at 350 degrees for approx 5 minutes (or until the butter is all melted)
Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over the bread and Broil until the cheese melts and browns a little 











No comments:

Post a Comment