Monday, May 21, 2012

Salsa Verde







  • I absolutely love making homemade salsa. My husband and I probably go through 2 jars of salsa a week. We use it to cook with, while entertaining and to snack on. Whenever you come over to our house you can always expect a jar of homemade salsa and chips to be on display. 

  • Ingredients
  • 1 1/2 lb tomatillos (canned)
  • 1/2 cup chopped red onion
  • 1/2 cup cilantro leaves
  • 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
  • 1 JalapeƱo chopped
  • Salt to taste
Directions

Drain the tomatillos from the can and then place them in the blender. Blend on high for approx 30 seconds. 
Meanwhile chop your onion, cilantro and jalapeno. Place in the blender with the tomatillos, then add your lime juice and a pinch of salt (to taste) and blend until all ingredients are mixed. (Add as much salt as you desire, i used a hefty pinch)


I prefer my Salsa Verde warm. So I placed the blended ingredients in a saute pan and cooked on high for about 5 minutes until it was warm. Place in a bowl and serve with your favorite tortilla chips!








No comments:

Post a Comment