Friday, August 19, 2011

Mom's Alfredo Sauce


I don't think I will ever be able to cook like my mother. But I can always try. Growing up this was one of my favorite things to eat! I love Alfredo sauce, I would pour it on everything if I knew it would be delicious. My mom always made the best Alfredo sauce I have ever eaten. I called her to get the recipe, did what she said and still it was not the same. It was good, but it wasn't mom's. 


Ingredients
1 Pint Heavy cream
1 tsp olive oil
2 cloves of garlic minced.
Approx 1.5 cups Parmesan cheese
Salt & Pepper
1 tbsp Italian seasoning.


Directions
In a large sauce pan add olive oil and garlic. Cook a few minutes until the garlic is tender


While continually stirring add your heavy cream. Add cheese 1/2 a cup at a time, keep stirring,  this will help melt the cheese and not let the sauce burn. Add your Italian seasoning


Once you are done adding the final 1/2 cup of cheese it should thicken up a little bit. Remove from heat, let 
sit 5 minutes, then add over pasta.



My family :-) 



No comments:

Post a Comment