Thursday, August 11, 2011

Spinach and Ricotta Stuffed Chicken



My old roommate Amy came over for dinner. She is on a diet so I wanted to attempt something a little on the healthier side that was still yummy!  So  of course my first thought was chicken! Plain chicken is boring so to the fridge I went! 


Spinach screams "Healthy" to me, so I knew I wanted to use that. I also had a small container of skim ricotta cheese- PERFECT! So together they went added a little bit of spices and Walla- Healthy delicious dinner accomplished!! 



Printable Recipe


Ingredients

4 chicken breast
12 oz part skim ricotta
16 ounces fresh spinach (you can use frozen spinach if you would like, 1 bag.)
3/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
2 egg whites
salt, pepper, garlic powder
 
Directions
Pound your chicken breast very thin.              



In a bowl, chop up your spinach very fine. Place spinach in a bowl with your ricotta cheese, some salt, pepper and garlic powder.


Beat 2 egg whites on a plate & pour your bread crumbs onto another plate
 
Lightly coat the chicken in the egg and then in the breadcrumbs. Place in a pan sprayed with cooking spray

Put the spinach mixture on top of the chicken
 
Roll up the chicken and secure with a toothpick. Bake on 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes



 I used a homemade creamy butter garlic sauce on top of the chicken. Printable Recipe





No comments:

Post a Comment