Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Chicken Enchiladas


Chicken Enchiladas is probably the first thing I ever learned to make. I was raised in a multicultural home and Mexican food was on the dinner table at least 4 days a week. My mom has been teaching me to make Mexican food since I was old enough to stand on a chair next to her in the kitchen. My love for the flavors  and ingredients have grown over the years and I truly respect the Mexican culture. 

This recipe is very simple, but a little messy. 


Ingredients
4 Chicken breast
1 small onion
4 cups of "Mexican cheese" 
28 oz of Enchilada Sauce (you will have extra)
12 medium tortillas
1 can of chopped olives

Directions
Add water to a large pot, add your chicken breast and boil approx 30 minutes or until your chicken is done. 
Remove chicken from pot and shred.
Add approx 16 oz of enchilada sauce to frying pan. Cook on low heat approx 20 minutes to allow the sauce to thicken up a little bit.
Add 1 tortilla to sauce, coat both sides in sauce. 
Place tortilla on plate and fill with chicken, cheese, olives, onions. (You can fill with whatever ingredients you want)
Roll tortilla and place seam side down in baking dish
Place some additional sauce & cheese on top of enchiladas
Cover baking dish with foil
Bake at 350 degrees for approx 20 minutes. 

Served with Sour Cream & Guacamole. 





No comments:

Post a Comment