Thursday, September 1, 2011

Ricotta Gnocchi


 I was trying to impress my husband with something delicious for dinner. So I went out on a huge limb in an attempt to make gnocchi. The second he saw what I was making he chuckled and I cringed. Was this going to be the first recipe I completely ruined?! It was not! To my surprise as well as my husbands, it was delicious!  I made way to much and was able to freeze the leftovers for next time!! 


Printable Recipe

Ingredients
15oz Ricotta Cheese
1 Egg
1 tsp Olive Oil
2 cups Flour
Salt & Pepper


Directions
In a medium bowl whisk together the ricotta cheese, oil, egg, salt and pepper.


Add the flour approx 1/2 a cup at a time.


Knead the dough on a floured surface until the dough is soft.


Cut the dough into 6 equal pieces. Roll each piece into a rope, cut the rope into approx 1/2 inch sections.


Boil a large pot of water. Add Gnocchi to boiling water. When Gnocchi float they are finished. Drain and serve with your favorite sauce. I used Mom's Alfredo Sauce




No comments:

Post a Comment